Senior PHP Engineer - Social Data
Are you a Senior PHP Engineer who loves creating products that make immediate business impact? GraphScience is a social data company providing actionable insights to top brand name companies. We've got some of the world's top retailers, including Williams-Sonoma, Macy's, JCPenney, and others as our customers. We have ambitious plans to take on the world. Join a team with serious technical chops and a passion for building a great business.
GraphScience is looking for Senior PHP Engineer that can contribute to the design and implementation of our internal tools. You will be part of a high impact engineering team that is valued in the organization. You’ll be building data access layers, developing a proprietary MVC framework, working with Facebook’s API and rolling out key features for our internal tools. You are expected to work independently but also collaborate with Senior Ad Operations Manager and Technical Product Managers to ensure timely feature releases.
- Work in a LAMP stack environment to design, develop and QA internal web applications.
- Drive weekly PHP implementation of core algorithms to ensure product innovation and optimization.
- Work with the team to manage, optimize and customize our internal web application.
- Work directly within the Facebook Ads API to ensure timely and accurate data flow for current running campaigns.
- A Senior PHP Engineer will be trained and primed to eventually lead a team of engineers as GraphScience science grows.
- Strong communication, and collaboration skills, enabling effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates and other departments within the company.
- A high task load is expected. You should be able to work within tight deadlines while exhibiting exemplary time management and task prioritization.
- Experience in building and administering applications on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3 and similar tools.
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture, relational database design and NoSQL architecture patterns.
- Strong experience with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Professional Web application development experience in building data-driven applications that’s sustainable and scalable.
- Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace as well as great sense of humor is always appreciated.
- Experience with Facebook Graph API is a HUGE plus.
- Bachelors degree and/or several years software development experience or equivalent, including Object Oriented design and PHP Development.