Sr. Technical Development Manager
As a manager you will be working very closely with your counterparts in product development and product management on planning and strategy. You will drive engineering standards and best practices inside the team while building a dynamic team.
Your team will work on a major initiative for eBay which is to develop new features that will extend improve and optimize eBay’s shopping cart. The goal of your team will be to increase and generate a business growth though enhancements to the shopping cart.
The Managed Marketplaces division is responsible for everything that happens on the eBay site after a purchase is transacted: checkout, payment, shipping and much more. We are using the massive amount of data collected to shape the entire eCommerce industry while providing the world’s safest way of transacting purchases.
The ideal candidate must have excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills. Have a strong background in development, project management, a passion for quality and engineering excellence. You will have lead experience spanning multiple successful ship cycles and experience developing eCommerce solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 6+ years software development using C, C++, C# or Java
- Minimum 3+ years managing a team of 8 or more software engineers
- Great design and problem solving skills, passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
- Experience in distributed systems, database technologies, online services is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
- Experience building distributed systems that scale to millions of users
- Demonstrated passion for learning from and implementing creative large-scale architectural patterns
- Experience working on a customer focused team
- Demonstrated passion for large scale systems and horizontal scale
- Experience turning business requirements into simple solutions
- Thorough understanding of parallel algorithms and concurrency
eBay is a technology company driving the ‘future of commerce’! We are enabling consumers to buy anything, anywhere, anyhow, thus unifying the online buying experience across the mobile, local, social and digital space.
We are working at scale on one of the world's largest Data Warehouses (100+ pb). If you are interested in massive scale data processing, like building low latency, high availability services of humongous scale. Or maybe you prefer to dig into machine learning and data mining. We have all that and more!
eBay is committed to Redmond and is counting on the teams here to drive major initiatives that are going to revolutionize eCommerce. Technologist will have a career with future advancement without having to relocate.
To sum it up you will be working on next generation technologies in small teams where your individual contributions have a direct impact solving some of the most technically challenging problems