Software Engineer (closed)
Main Objectives: Responsible for developing Windows and ASP.NET application with emphasis on data access, file access, and EDI in the medical insurance industry.
- Communicate with Business Units to develop requirements and functional specifications
- Responsible for developing Windows and ASP.NET application with emphasis on data access, file access, and EDI in the medical insurance industry.
- Design and code new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- EDI of Medical claims and eligibility data.
- Conduct unit testing and integrated testing.
- Follow full SDLC for application development.
- Releases tested applications, both new development and enhancements into the production environment
- Review current processes for inefficiencies and evaluate possible solutions
- Assist in maintenance and production support functions.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred with 2-5 years programmer or analyst experience required.
- Proficient with relational databases (preferable Microsoft SQL), the .NET framework (C# or VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC a plus), reporting tools (Crystal Reports, Active Reports, SSRS). Object Relational Mapping (ORM) and QlikView experience a plus.
- Experience with health insurance data is preferred; ANSI X12 transactions sets a plus.
- Application development experience/skills in Windows environments (Both XP and Windows 7)
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self starter who works well in both a team environment and independently with limited supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in developing/supporting large software applications.