National professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies is looking to add a Senior Auditor to the team.
Insurance industry experience is a must.
To be considered for this position you must have a Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting or equivalent, 2-3 years prior work experience along with prior supervisory experience. CPA preferred or actively studying for the CPA exam will be considered.
You must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and have experience in the use of various assurance applications and research tools as is appropriate for this level.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Supervise a team of audit professionals ranging in size from 1 to 5;
- Provide verbal and written performance feedback to associates;
- Teach/coach associates to provide on the job learning;
- Possess proven solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess people development and delegation skills;
- Able to perform the completion of an audit of a basic company;
- Able to "in-charge" all stages of the audit, including planning, fieldwork and completion;
- Able to prepare financial statements with disclosures;
- Able to be the client contact for questions and information.
As a member on the Assurance Team, you will apply your educational background and experience as you work on clients of the Firm. You will take direction from other, more experienced members of the Team as you assist in problem solving and fact-finding. You will be involved with all stages of an audit, including day-to-day "in-charge" responsibilities of planning, fieldwork and "wrap-up" and will supervise and train those with less experience.as well as become the client contact for basic questions and information. A Senior at this level may also be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements. Typical responsibilities will include preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying most areas of GAAP as necessary, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. You will also apply your experience and knowledge of business processes by making suggestions to improve client internal controls and accounting procedures.