Mobile Product Manager (closed)
For more than 30 years VeriFone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. VeriFone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is the largest provider of electronic payment systems worldwide.
VeriFone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive fierceness is fed by our passion for excellence in our products and services, and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Across the globe, VeriFone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at VeriFone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It’s this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
With more than 40 offices around the world, VeriFone offers a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture rich with advancement and career development opportunities.
Job Title: Mobile Product Manager
VeriFone is looking for a Mobile Product Manager to join the company’s Mobile Product Team. The qualified candidate will ensure achievement of tactical and strategic revenue objectives for VeriFone’s mobile product family. This individual plays a proactive role in the product design and delivery to ensure the product is differentiated from competitors and meets the market needs. He/she will lead the product line throughout all stages of life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities).
This position will report to the Director, Product Management located in the San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead product definition with regional marketing and sales teams for new products targeting tier 1/2 (large retailers) and tier 4/5 (SMB)
- Works closely with engineering teams by developing realistic development plan and schedule, creating product specifications, evaluating and prioritizing requests for product changes and enhancements.
- Works closely with Sales, Marcom, key global customers and product support to position the product or product family and resolve issues and problems that will affect product’s success. This includes being involved in issues such as special training, promotions, designing demos and developing training courses.
- Maintains close relationship with key customers and partners for awareness of customers’ needs and perspectives
- Assists the creation of release materials and new product releases.
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Proactive management of rapidly evolving mobile solutions
- Keep abreast of the market trends and perform competitive analysis on relevant products/offers
- Communicate across all functional levels of the company, including executive management to ensure product success
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing or engineering.
- Advanced degree in business management and/or marketing desirable.
- 5 to 10 year of international product management experience
- Advanced knowledge in product support, product planning or consulting environment.
- Experience in mobile product / platform management (hardware and software)
- Consumer electronics industry experience is a plus
- Understanding of payment processing preferable but not required
- Experience in remote team management
Skills & Ability:
- Excellent writing and communications skills required.
- Good knowledge of communication processes, company’s products and customer’s needs.
- Ability to interface with internal and external clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and entrepreneurial environment and to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strategic thinking with tactical program execution.
- Attention to detail without becoming lost in the details.
- Excellent time management, presentation, human relations and organizational skills.
- Able to operate as a matrix manager in coordinating people and technical resources from multiple areas of the Company.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit: http://verifone.me/Hp3LXo