Sr. Storage Engineer (closed)
The Sr. StorageEngineer provides consulting and support for my client's internal and external customers relating to my client's storage practice. You will help build, design and implement enterprise storage and backup strategies and should have a firm grasp on operating systems like: Linux, Unix and Windows. It is a necessity to have experience with VMware virtualization and a thorough understanding of EMC products
· Assess, architect, plan, design and implement system & storage configurations in customer environments.
· Directly interact with clients, account managers and solution architects to identify, develop, qualify, and obtain complete information for solutions including hardware, software and services, and complete proposal/SOW development.
· Mentor associate consultants and consultants and serve as escalation point for technical related project issues
· Contribute and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates
· Excellent hands-on knowledge on Veritas Storage Foundation suite.
· Responsible for the evaluation, analysis, and design of large scale storage solutions, backup solutions and SAN in a mixed environment.
· Five plus years of hands on experience with EMC storage arrays
· Five plus years of experience configuring, and supporting of large enterprise SAN
· Five plus years of performing capacity planning for SAN storage experience
· Five plus years with configuration of SAN switches (Cisco, Brocade) experience
· Three plus years with storage related technologies such as replication, deduplication, snaps, and hierarchical storage
· Understanding of RAID concepts
· Understanding of Fiber Channel protocol
· Eight plus years of experience with UNIX support in at least one of the two UNIX platforms
· Five plus years of Solaris and/or AIX and/or Linux(RedHat, SuSe):
· 8+ years experience with the following is required: EMC Storage (DMX-VMAX/Clariion/Celerra/VNX), SAN experience (Cisco/Brocade/McData)
· Experience with the following strongly preferred: SRDF (Implementation experience in large environments), Enterprise Control Center (Implementation experience in large environments), Mirrorview, Replication Manger, Timefinder and Recoverpoint
· In depth direct system engineering experience involving hardware, software and services solutions.
· Direct Enterprise management of installations with focus on large computing environments.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· EMC Certification preferred (EMCIE - Implementation Engineer)
· EMC Certification preferred (EMCTA - Technology Architect)
· Experience implementing technology in large environments
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to acquire technical skills and problem solve.
· Ability to work as a team player and lead technical teams in a consulting environment.
· Ability to translate vague and unrelated facts into complex solutions adding customer business value.
· Ability to work with wide variety of client staff from IT executives to technical staff.
· Resourceful at working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful solutions.
· Demonstrated consulting expertise in mid sizes and Fortune 1000 customer environments
· Demonstrated ability to architect, design, implement and troubleshoot complex HW and SW systems and configurations.
· Demonstrated ability to independently execute assessment projects including planning and running interview and technical discovery, documenting findings and recommendations, developing solution scenarios, and developing and finalizing assessment deliverables with customers.
· Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements
Please send all qualified resumes to CGluckman@fss-staffing.com