FAE California (closed)
Location: Bay Area, California
Calxeda is bringing revolutionary computational efficiency to the data center, leveraging the ultra-low-power ARM architecture as the foundation for next generation server designs. Calxeda’s platform will consume as little as 1/10th of the power of today’s best-in-class servers, enabling data centers to realize significant reduction in capital expenses, power, space and cooling. The Calxeda platform is specifically designed for servers, scaling efficiently to thousands of processor nodes, with unique network and storage acceleration, and is further enhanced with management technology to deliver true “energy-proportional” computing.
Field Application Engineer will be the technical design win engine and primary technical support contact for the company. Reporting to the Director of WW FAE’s, you will deliver world class technical support to your customers while also being the customer advocate within Calxeda. This person must have a proven track record winning and supporting complicated platform level architectural design wins. Prior technical experience with Data Center Technology (server hardware and / or software) preferred.
- Win Designs for Calxeda’s hardware and software at your assigned customer accounts.
- Understand and identify the customers key technical and market strategies and ensure Calxeda has a comprehensive solution plan to address them.
- Build relationship across the customers organization to ensure preference for Calxeda technology.
- Manage the day to day technical activities at the customer and provide strategic feedback to Calxeda senior management.
- Provide Tier 1 triage of technical issues. Provide clear documented summaries to Calxeda engineering through problem closure.
- Minimum 10 years experience as and FAE with proven track record of winning complex, highly technical semiconductor system design wins (software and hardware).
- Detailed understanding of the customer engagement and design win process.
- Deep Server Architecture (Hardware and Software) knowledge – preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work in a remote office environment.
- BSEE / BSCS/MSEE or equivalent technical background is required.
Calxeda is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this position: http://tinyurl.com/8ykr8f7