Maintenance Engineer (closed)
BS ME, EE, or ChemE with 3-5 years of experience in maintenance and reliability with high speed rotating equipment. Would like to see experience from the Food, Grain, Pharmaceutical, or Chemical Process Industry.
Employees in positions at this level of the series will work with site resources to identify and resolve equipment reliability issues through the analysis of historical work completed, support of maintenance information systems, basic technical support to maintenance craftspeople, scheduling of day-to-day work order backlog based on provided priorities, and management of equipment replacement-in-kind jobs. Work is performed under general supervision.
Employees in positions allocated to this series use their knowledge of engineering, chemistry, equipment design, predictive and preventive maintenance practices, planning, and project execution to drive equipment reliability, maintainability, and availability. The objective is to support site goals by the development, execution, and analysis of maintenance plans for site equipment and facilities. Some engineers engage in reliability improvement efforts (such as Physical Failure Analysis, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance analysis, and Weibull analysis). Others coordinate maintenance activities (such as Daily Planning and Scheduling, Shutdown planning and coordination, personnel skills assessments, and the identification and implementation of precision maintenance procedures). Others use predictive tools to evaluate equipment and facility condition (such as vibration analysis, infra red analysis, oil analysis, and process monitoring). Others identify and manage reliability focused equipment and facility capital improvements. Differences in levels relate principally to greater depth and breadth of knowledge and experience in maintenance policies, practices, and techniques and the ability to apply various combinations of these to cost effectively maintain plant equipment availability and output goals.
1. Identification, Design and Implementation of facility and equipment upgrades
2. Assist in the identification and resolution of recurring reliability issues
3. Assist in analysis of Predictive Maintenance activities
4. Assist in the planning and coordination of plant shutdown maintenance repairs including direct supervision of contract maintenance crews
5. Assist in the daily scheduling of maintenance activities
6. Assist in the identification and tracking of plant critical spare parts
7. Assist in revision and development of written mechanical maintenance procedures
8. Assist in the analysis and improvement of site precision maintenance techniques
9. Plan, schedule and execute equipment replacement in-kind projects
10. Participate on reliability improvement teams