Real Time Embedded Software Engineer (closed)
Develop a brand new DUAL core microcontroller and directly influence the design of future engine management systems! $26BB Global Tier 1 (Detroit location) seeking Embedded Software Engineer.
With annual sales of €26 billion in 2010, our client is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide.
The Engine Systems group for this global automotive supplier provides innovative engine management systems for a cleaner environment worldwide. The ES product portfolio contains innovative systems and components for diesel and gasoline injection, controller solutions for commercial vehicles, turbocharger and exhaust gas aftertreatment technologies.
Due to growth, our client is seeking a Real-Time Embedded Software Engineer with a passion for Microcontrollers. (Detroit, MI area).
- Growth – Successful professionals in this role will be rewarded with multiple career opportunities.
- Challenge – NO micromanagement - you will be challenged to be creative and design and implement innovative solutions.
- Visibility – Be a part of the team developing their first ever Dual Core microcontroller.
- It’s Cool – Professionals will be working on next generation engine management systems for companies such GM, Chrysler, Audi, Volkswagen, Honda etc…
What you’ll do:
As a real-time embedded software engineer for customer applications you will be challenged with satisfying your customer's needs with the development of software to implement some of the most complex and interesting control strategies for engine management. You will be responsible for developing, integrating and configuring real-time embedded SW for engine controllers using industry leading processes and tools.
- Proven experience in embedded SW development for real-time systems.
- Experienced using SW design and development tools such as microcontroller emulators, logic analyzers.
- Well experienced in testing methodologies for embedded SW.
- Strict compliance with the defined SW development processes.
- Ability to prioritize issues and drive projects forward in difficult/ambiguous situations.
- Ability to communicate and experience in working in a multi-site and multi-cultural team.
- Capability to work in target oriented and commitment-driven environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 1 + year of experience related to engine controllers and low level drivers
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, effective oral and written communication, takes initiative, team skills, decision making, high organization skills
- Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge to solve a variety of problems
- Remains current on emerging methodologies and technologies.