Software Engineer - C# .Net, SQL, Troubleshooting
This is an exciting position in Autodesk’s Data Management organization. The successful candidate will be a senior team member in Autodesk’s Engineering Escalation Team (EET). The EET is an engineering team that addresses customer-reported issues with Autodesk Data Management products that go beyond services provided by Autodesk's support organization.
The position's primary focus will be for the Autodesk Vault family of products, but may also end up working with many other Autodesk products.
EET team members represent the core engineering team in many customer engagements. EET team members advise customers and other stakeholders on best practices to address many different kinds of challenges. They may provide configuration and deployment advice, workarounds or create hotfixes for the product. The EET team members are strong customer advocates and often provide feedback to the engineering and product teams on different aspects of the product.
- Participate in a team delivering solution to solve challenging customer issues including coordinating or implementing product updates
- Offer advice on a variety of different software deployment configurations to many stakeholders including partners, consultants and customers
- Provide input and recommendations on customer satisfaction regarding usage of the product
- Create and design tools and processes to aid the support team in resolving issues
- Note: Some travel required, mainly between Canada and the US
- The successful candidate will have a mixture of software development and Information Technology skills
- 5+ years of software development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with many of the following: C++ ,C#, SQL, Object Oriented Development
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Outstanding diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with distributed computing and complex multi-tier client/server applications
- Understanding of network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of performance analysis techniques, benchmarking, and troubleshooting including data gathering, scalability testing, and system profiling
- Knowledge of engineering organizations
- Experience with other data management, PDM or PLM tools
- Familiarity with other Autodesk Products
- Experience with Windows Administration