Enterprise Backup/TSM Subject Matter Expert (closed)
Enterprise Backup Subject Matter Expert
-DoD Secret Clearanceor Clearable candidates
-We are seeking a senior Backup & Recover Storage Subject Matter Experts responsible for providing support for problem and change tickets for storage systems support. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for designing, installing, configuring, upgrading and maintaining Tivoli Storage Manager, SAN utilities, AIX servers and hardware associated with the enterprise backup and recovery environment. This position is focused on managing the day to day TSM operations including, coordinating backup schedules, performing system restores, working with Data Center Specialists and participating in disaster recovery planning and exercises.
· Proactively identifies problems within the enterprise backup and recovery environment on various platforms and engages the appropriate technical resources for resolution in a timely manner
· Provides documented, consistent and repeatable backup, recovery, and archival procedures.
· Develops and implements business continuity practices for storage management.
· Monitors the use and availability of storage resources.
· Maintains and modifies backup and recovery procedures to meet high availability and mission critical business needs.
· Generates periodic reports to review, analyze, and discuss TSM utilization with management and peers.
· Contributes to technical architecture discussions to determine the most appropriate scalable model taking into consideration high availability failover and disaster recovery.
· Serves as a subject matter expert to application development, systems administration, engineering and other technical/business staff in planning the resource requirements for systems under development.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or Engineering preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
· IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Storage Manager (Not required but perferred)
· SAN administration and CommVault Experience
· Excellent documentation and communication abilities
· Exceptional capacity for attention to detail