Pre-Sales Engineer - Storage - New York Metro (closed)
Sales Engineer - Storage - New York Metro Area.
Our Client a large IT infrastructure integrator is looking for a Storage Sales Engineer for its New York Metro Territory.
This is a Pre/Post-Sales Engineer role with a team and personal quota.
This is for a Sales engineer whole aspires to sell. 2/3 Sales Engineer, 1/3 Sales rep.
This role will primarily be helping customers optimize their Storage needs and Enhancing a client?s Infrastructure.
Familiarity with Current EMC product line is a MUST i.e. Symmetrix, VMAX, VMAXe ect.
Ideal candidates will live within reasonable commuting distance from NY City.
This position will support the NYC Metro Territory.
· The SE leads all technical aspects of the sales process, supporting Sales Managers in site surveys, technical discovery and qualification meetings for prospective customers and is responsible for educating prospective customers on the firm?s service offerings which include evaluations, network architecture, designs, presentations, RFP responses, pricing, demonstrations, Statements of Work (SOWs), Bills of Materials (BOMs) and proposals to take place on conference calls and/or site visits.
· The SE may be required to actively participate in post-sales activities such as customer network planning, customer training and continually update customers on new service offerings and pricing.
· The SE helps to formulate, define and execute sales strategy with the account team, understanding customer business and technical drivers.
· The SE is responsible to build and maintain relationships with prospects and existing customers.
· The SE will design and engineer solutions based on customer requirements, provide a design document or diagram as necessary and present solutions to the prospect or customer.
· The SE will participate with the account team to obtain customer contract acceptance and ensures final documentation of the proposed solution is complete and delivered to the service delivery department.
· The SE is additionally responsible for developing and presenting technical sales training for the account teams.
· The SE will work closely with internal departments such as Network Architecture, Network Engineering, Project Management and project Delivery teams to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
This position is key for the support of the customer acceptance and migration of the firm's storage and security products. The candidate will provide customers, partner companies and our own sales organization with post-sales technical assistance, installation and technical support. The candidate will have a strong technical background, in-depth knowledge of industry trends, products and solutions. The candidate will also have organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the customer.
This situation requires a High-Performance, Low-Maintenance employee with high integrity, motivation and accountability. After the one year onsite deployment, the Storage Systems Engineer will move into the Professional Services group for other assignments, which may entail more travel in the Eastern US.
· Define and implement a solution oriented technical go-to-market strategy for each opportunity.
· Identify new customer projects for our client?s solutions.
· Present our client?s vision, strategy and products to executives and technical prospects.
· Respond to sales requests for technical assistance
· Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the implementation, user training and installation process.
· Facilitate the installation of products at customer sites, as needed
· Responsible for customer-facing product deployments - both pre-sales (i.e. trials) and paid post sales engagements.
· Assist in the technical evaluations.
· Assist the technical support organization and act as a backup as needed
· Provide consulting and architecture services to customers.
· Provide reporting of customer activities as well as general status and activities
· Provide remote and on-site support for product installations at proof of concepts
· Identifying client requirements and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Education, Experience & Skills requirements:
· Bachelor?s degree or equivalent experience
· 5-7+ years technical post-sales experience in a professional service, engagement management, project management, deployment, storage architect, systems consulting, etc.
· Strong UNIX Systems Administrators with track records of delivering quality projects are encouraged to apply.
· Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple customer groups toward accomplishing a task.
· Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
· Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
· Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
Required Technical Skills
· Current EMC Product line; Symmetrix, VMAX, VMAXe, DMX,VDM,VNX, RecoverPoint, SRDF,Timefinder a MUST!
· Demonstrated experience in several of the following
· UNIX, Linux or Windows Server operating systems.
· Storage systems: SAN, NAS, DAS, SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Cloud Storage.
· Databases (Oracle, DB2 or SQL server)
· Security (Access Control, NAC, encryption, PKI, digital certificates)
Preferred Technical Skills
· Experience with Virtualization and Business Continuity solutions a plus.
· Exceptional customer presentation skills
· Knowledge of industry products, trends and practices
· Knowledge of GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) regulations, practices and supporting technologies such as PCI, DSS, HIPAA, HITECH.