Project Manager, Radiology Billing System Implementation (closed)
Project Manager, Radiology Billing System Implementation
Location: 80% remote, some travel to clients
Start Date: ASAP. Target 5/7
Length of contract assignment: 9 months, strong chance for extension
Our client recently closed two large ambulatory deals. As part of these deals our client needs to convert their end client's legacy financial/billing software to their new system. In order to accomplish this, our client needs a project manager who has experience implementing billing applications in an ambulatory radiology environment. This PM will be responsible for leading the effort for the following tasks: setting up all new profiles, setting up new tax ID's, managing the interface team (there will be 10-15 new interfaces per site) and oversight on new output files.
In addition to handling these two larger clients, the consultant will be responsible for 10 more small projects. These projects will all deal with implementing or upgrading our client's radiology Ambulatory financials systems.
Consultant's Day to day responsibilities
- Provide overall responsibility for all project management deliverables that support projects and programs including project planning, scope management, quality management, resource management, schedule management, risk management, communications management, and post-implementation review
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to all stakeholders.
- Create project plans and establish timelines to ensure milestones are achieved using industry accepted tools, i.e. Microsoft Project.
- Assist with budget creation and forecasting of project costs.
- Facilitate team meetings effectively. Must be able to run project meetings with both technical and non-technical attendee's.
- Manage projects by tracking progress of each task / team member to ensure deadlines are met.
- Obtain formal sign off at completion of various project stages.
- Participate in technology planning and strategy activities to ensure business objectives are being addressed.
Required background to do the job:
- Previous experience as a Project Manager implementing Radiology Practices Revenue Cycle/Financial Systems that integrate to RIS and PACS systems
- Must have hands on experience with Radiology Information Systems (RIS)
- Experience working on multiple projects at one time
- Experience managing various time and quality metrics
- Strong understanding of radiology billing workflow
- Experience working for a medical software vendor
- Experience working within PMI methodologies
- PMP Certification strongly preferred
- EMR experience