Business Analyst - 465 (closed)
Business Analysts play an integral role in our strategic and operational capability at Just Energy. Business Analysts work as part of a service group who act as a resource base for all functional areas of the company. This in turn enables Analysts to gain exposure to many areas of Just Energy’s business and develop a broad-based experience that prepares them for a variety of other growth-oriented roles in the company. Strong analytical skills, initiative, and teamwork are rewarded with opportunities for advancement, increased responsibility.
Why you should join Just Energy:
Energy, opportunity, and growth: You can realize your potential here at Just Energy.
We are a North American market leader in green energy, retail energy, and home services, with a market capitalization of $2 Billion, and 1.8 million customers across North America. We provide an energetic and engaging work environment that is focused on professional and business growth, and where our colleagues have opportunities to excel and be rewarded for our mutual success. If you are interested in being part of one of the largest energy retailers and renweable energy providers in North America, then join us.
Your primary accountabilities:
· Partnering with operational groups in designing (or redesigning) and implementing business processes and systems to improve Just Energy’s operations
· Analyzing business challenges and designing practical, attainable solutions, evaluating new projects and opportunities available to Just Energy
· Creating, modifying, and executing test plans in order to ensure that tools or software packages function correctly before they are released for us.
· Analyzing and coordinating the migration of customer data between software systems Provide input and decision making authority to resolve escalated customer-facing issues and take steps to minimize future issues
· Creating tools (possibly in MS Excel or MS Access) to help manage the day-to-day responsibilities or create reports for various functional areas
· Minimum 2 years experience in a business analysis or similar technical role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with previous experience writing business requirements, use cases, process flows, and functional specifications
· Previous experience working with SQL querying, data manipulation, and relational databases
· Extensive knowledge of common business issues and comfort with numerical and financial analysis
· Familiarity with standard software development lifecycle practices
· Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
· A Commerce or Technical Degree is preferred