Head of Operations - Investment Firm - Great Leadership Opportunity with High Net Worth Investment Firm (closed)
The Head of Operations is responsible for the management of all investment support functions performed in the operations department, including portfolio accounting, performance reporting, client account maintenance, and managing the administration and operation personnel.
The Head of Operations would be accountable for delivering customized and responsive support to our investment advisors and working with them as if they are the client’s. To meet these goals, the Head of Operations is responsible for the development and management of workflow systems, audit processes, operations policies and procedures, oversight of fund of funds and the operations team. In addition to internal management another key role is to manage the relationships with key service providers.
Qualifications / Responsibilities: The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing people and processes in an investment advisory firm. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills in creating an empowered, high-functioning team are preferred. Effective oral/written communications, organizational and problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail are vital to this management role. The appropriate candidate must have the ability and initiative to both manage the operation personnel, and when necessary, perform any of the various tasks required in the operation department.
The Head of Operations will need a working knowledge of the investment management and reporting systems used. Ability to navigate Bloomberg, Principia, Portfolio Center, Schwab Institutional, Fidelity Wealth Central, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Alps, Word, Excel, Etc.
In this role team leadership and oversight of the below activities are critical to adhere to our client-centric approach:
• New client and additional client account setup becoming the expert on paperwork issues with our principal custodians.
• Oversight of wire transfers to client accounts and confirming accounts are funded and reconciling wires and journals. Coordinate with portfolio managers on recurring transfers.
• Be responsible for daily trading activities for the entire firm.
• Manage pricing issues for investments including cost basis and insure proper classification in Portfolio Center.
• Review client transactions and activities and prepare reports as necessary.
• Act as the key information liaison between the Investment Managers and operations staff to insure timely and accurate input of information into our data aggregation and reporting systems
• Proactively suggests plans to service client needs and increase efficiencies.
• Knowledge of investment and trust disciplines to interpret and prepare appropriate client documents and offer advice when appropriate.
• Support the Portfolio and Relationship Managers as required insuring that the client receives superior service and advice. (RMD tracking, cashiering, monthly rebalancing, client performance for the IC, Monthly Manager Tracker, etc)
• Vote all proxies received by MCM in accordance with our Proxy Voting Policy.