IT System Security Project Engineer (closed)
# of positions : 1
Location - NY or Tampa FL
Bill rate - DOE
Duration - 6-12+ Months
Start date - Immediate
Position: Information Technology Project Engineer – System Security
The Information Technology Project Engineer – System Security will be responsible for:
• Taking high visibility client / server information security projects from the concept phase to the operational hand-off phase.
• Develop conceptual solutions to Information Security issues in the client / server technology area.
• Engage various stakeholders in the organization to refine the proposed concept.
• Survey the technology market for potential solutions that organization stakeholders may use to fulfill the requirements.
• Architect the initial solution to the requirements.
• Create detailed functional requirements to share with organization stakeholders who will be responsible for engineering and execution of the project.
• Create detailed project plans and monitor project progress.
• Work directly with organization infrastructure teams to oversee and execute the plan to implement the projects.
• Create process documents for operations, maintenance and integrating output from the project into daily security operations.
• Develop and implement transition plans to move the project from initial implementation to steady state operations.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in information security design and architecture.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in information security operations and management.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in information security project management.
• Experience in Windows systems administration is required.
• Experience in UNIX systems administration is required.
• Experience with VMWare, Xen App or Xen Desktop is required.
• Experience in network engineering or administration is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Expert knowledge of client and server security principles and practices.
• Knowledge of virtual environments, particularly host guest security principles.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, well as peer relationship skills.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new technologies and concepts.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Possesses strong individual work ethic and team participation.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project applications.
Education, Training, or Certification: Degree in a technical discipline or related experience preferred.
Desired Certifications: CISSP, PMP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNE or similar industry certifications.
Core Competencies: Builds Strong Partnerships; Communicates With Impact; Demonstrates Openness, Integrity and Trust; Embraces Innovation and Change
Level Specific Competencies: Creates and promotes a shared vision; Drives execution and sustainable results; Drives operational and process excellence; Thinks strategically
Manager | Recruiting
11611 SW 98th ST
Miami, Florida 33176
T: (315) 683 3001
F: (305) 397 2534