Senior Network Security Engineer (291296) (closed)
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for the design, setup, maintenance and support of the global Irdeto security and network infrastructure. On a daily basis, the individual works proactively, intelligently and according to best practice to offer enterprise services to the Irdeto business.
In this position the highest level of integrity and professionalism is expected.
- Manage Irdeto’s Global IT security and networking services (ASA, VPN, IPS, NAC, routers, switches, wireless infrastructure) including designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting the systems as required.
- Initiate, manage and successfully complete projects improving the current IT security and networking services as necessary ensuring systems operate according to best practices and meet the business needs.
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Installation of new security and networking products for local and remote regions and providing on-going support of these systems after implementation.
- Develop security risk assessments to identify the impact of vulnerabilities to the enterprise environment; recommend mitigating controls; and drive action plans to implement controls in a controlled time line.
- Develop documentation and reports pertaining to security and networking infrastructure.
- Perform daily network maintenance, monitoring, log and system file generation.
The following are responsibilities expected of all IT employees:
- Periodically perform project work in place of or in addition to the on-going operational tasks.
- Perform other technical responsibilities as ‘backup’ to another individual who has primary responsibility for that platform/system/task. Adequate knowledge of the platform/system/task must be acquired and kept current so the backup role can be performed at any time.
- Provide proactive knowledge transfer to other IT colleagues on an on-going, adhoc basis; additionally, structured knowledge transfer as a result of training or specialist knowledge will periodically be required.
- Provide coaching, motivation and guidance to junior members of the team.
- Prepare and keep updated good quality English language documentation describing key processes and activities of this role.
- Continually improve own knowledge base and work performed as an individual.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of company and departmental goals and objectives and proactively participate in identification and implementation of solutions and process or other improvements to benefit the company or department.
- At least 7 years’ experience in IT; at least 5 years in a similar position (in a global enterprise).
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, implementation, and support of security, networking, and related products in a global fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in a Cisco networking and security (ASA, VPN, NAC, IPS) technologies
- Strong experience in network routing (BGP/OSPF/EIGRP), switching, TCP/IP and troubleshooting, packet capture and analysis
- Strong experience in configuring and managing Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experience with design, implementation and management of VPN and Cisco NAC solutions
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills including the following:
- Customer-friendly communication in all communication mediums (telephone, email, etc.) at all times. This includes being capable of presenting technical information in clear business language.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to gather information, evaluate options and offer good solutions quickly, competently and patiently.
- Must demonstrate excellent quality, creative troubleshooting and problem resolution skills with keen attention to detail.
- Must be fluent in English, both verbal and written – other languages a plus
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work collaboratively as a member of the IT team as well as independently.
- Must be able to prioritize and execute quality work, remain calm and keep a professional demeanour even under aggressive deadlines or when the environment becomes fast-paced or intense.
- Basic project management skills
- Good customer service skills
- Solid team player
- Ability to conduct research into new technology, products, and issues as required
- Ability to mentor and share information with junior members on the team
- Must have an academic degree from an accredited university/college, or equivalent experience
- CCNA and/or CCNA Security certification required
- CCNP and/or CCNP Security certification is preferred
Irdeto is the most innovative software security and media technology company in the world. Through its diversified, renewable security, and monetization technologies, the company allows new forms of distribution for broadcast/broadband/mobile entertainment, and for the world’s most popular app, eStores and consumer devices. Co-headquartered in Amsterdam and Beijing, Irdeto employs 1000 people in 25 locations around the world. It is a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN).