Lead Estimator (closed)
- · Responsible for leading and coordinating Calgary office estimating activities.
- · Supervises and participates in the preparation, review and presentation of EPC estimates
- · Responsible for major Oil Sand (SAGD, Upgrading, Refining and Pipelining) project estimates
- · Performs department organizational and administrative activities as directed.
- · Provides technical and operational guidance, leadership and training
- · Acts as Estimating Manager when required.
- · Degree or technical diploma in either engineering, cost-engineering, quantity surveying.
- · Minimum fifteen years experience in an Estimating or Project Controls / Cost Control related field
- · Must have large project, Oil/Gas leadership experience with Alberta; SAGD experience a significant asset.
- · Able to write and present estimate plans/basis documents; schedule and supervise the work of other estimators
- · Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- · Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes, standards and practices
- · Intermediate to advanced computer skills, particularly in the use of databases, spreadsheets etc.
- · Develops, approves and presents estimate plans, budgets and schedules.
- · Prepares estimate plan for major projects
- · Prepares factored equipment based and conceptual estimates.
- · Provides expert guidance, analysis and reviews of all estimates and studies.
- · Analyzes estimating data and correlates to other projects and Maintains the “big picture”
- · Reviews the incorporation of commercial terms and conditions (tax and currency exchange, etc.).
- · Responsible for review of the complete Request for Proposal (RFP)
- · Reviews and ensures WIN Plan is incorporated and executed in the Estimate Plan.
- · Leads presentation of estimate Management Reviews.
- · Ensures that internal reviews are scheduled in a timely manner
The position in on staff here in Calgary with a Major EPC/M Client.
Brokerage Owner, Engineering Division
TSE *** THE STAFFING EXCHANGE