Business Development Manager, Client Research - San Franciso (closed)
San Francisco, CA
$80K - $85K plus quarterly bonus $115K OTE compensation
Business Development Manager, Custom Research
Our client is the world leader in global business intelligence. For nearly 60 years, they have delivered vital business intelligence to influential decision makers around the world. This information, viewed by over 1.5 Million clients worldwide, helps executives of major corporations and organizations make informed business decisions through dependable intelligence delivered online, in print, in customized research as well as through the 150 conferences, meetings, executive forums, roundtable discussions and peer interchanges they host each year.
At the present time they are looking for a Business Development Manager for the Western US market based in San Francisco. You will work on selling customized macroeconomic research programs encompassing risk, market entry and geo-political analysis to Corporations, Governments and Non-profits.
The ideal candidate will be a polished sales person with excellent presentations skills, keen client insight, professional demeanor and strong consultative sales aptitude. The candidate will be experienced and comfortable selling to C-Suite and Director level executives. Working closely with analysts, the candidate will engage a sales opportunity with a strategic and consultative approach. The candidate will be expected to exceed personal revenue targets while helping the team achieve overall goals.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Seek out, identify and present to potential new Enterprise Accounts across the territory.
- Develop new opportunities in government, NGOs, non-profits, and corporations
- Qualify sales leads generated through direct or e-marketing activity, trade shows and partner lists.
- Work with the Enterprise Sales teams in London, New York and Hong Kong to maximize global sales revenue from enterprise accounts.
- Make required sales calls and in-person meetings in the territory
- Attend seminars, conferences and trade shows as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience, MBA is desirable.
- 5+ years experience with proven track record of selling strategic programs to C-Level and Director Levels within Corporations, Governments and Non-Profits. Research sales a major plus.
- Understanding of business trends, global affairs and macroeconomic principles.
- Ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker, persistent cold caller, goal-driven and consummate collaborator within a team framework.
- Experience developing long term strategic business relationships.
- Knowledge of international business issues.
- Good working knowledge of electronic marketplaces, and trends in e-delivery of information
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com
- Impressive communication skills - highly developed persuasive, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Willingness to travel and ability to organize trips effectively.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, and articulate and conveys a sense of urgency.
Compensation includes a base salary, bonus, commissions, expenses, excellent benefits and a 401K with an employer match. Base salary $80-90K. First year earnings are expected to be in the $110K to $130K range, capped at double your salary.