Storage Architect (closed)
The focus will be on leveraging the latest EMC hardware and software capabilities along with partner solutions to deliver a robust, high performance storage solutions of our clients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Architect, design, justify and present enterprise information management and storage solutions:
· Analyze and identify solution alternatives consisting of multiple technologies and from multiple manufacturers.
· Develop and present solution proposals in oral and written form. Proposals include detailed product content and pricing.
The following items represent the basic areas of expertise that the successful Storage Architect will have:
· Grounding in data structure and data management concepts, including file systems, databases and volume managers, especially as pertaining to data management issues such as backup/restore, clustering, disaster recovery, and data sharing.
· Knowledge of both enterprise class and modular disk subsystems, including architecture, configuration options, disk management software products and data management software products. An understanding general disk array subsystem design concepts such as RAID is assumed.
· 5 or more years experience in a technical or sales overlay position, with either Mainframe or Open Systems (Windows, Linux or Unix) experience.
· Ability to own and orchestrate storage sales initiatives and resources in a team selling environment.
· Experience working in positions with assigned quota objectives and measurements.
· Familiarity with at least one major backup/recovery software framework (e.g. EMC Networker, Symantec NetBackup, and IBM TSM) along with a knowledge of general backup/recovery concepts such as database logging, backup leveling, media management, etc. This should also include working knowledge of industry leading tape and tape library solutions.
· Familiarity with Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Area Storage (NAS) technologies and their practical applications in disk and tape solution design. Ideally this includes Fibre channel, FCoE and as well as IP based storage network solutions.
· It is expected that individual Storage Architect will develop in-depth knowledge in many of the above areas over time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· (2) Technical Certifications with: EMC (Technology Architect, Platform Engineering), and/or one (1) Technical Certification from: HDS, NetApp, HP, Symantec, and/or IBM Storage.
· Desired (1) Business Acumen Training or Certification: (i.e. Organization Skills, Consultative Selling, Myers Briggs seminar etc.).
· Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
· Proven ability to call on prospective clients at technical and management levels sales situations concerning enterprise storage requirement and solution definition; conduct presentations and workshops with clients; and document and presents product solution designs to customers.
· Demonstrated motivation and initiative and the ability to work independently as well as part of a high performance team.
Please send all qualified resumes to CGluckman@fss-staffing.com