VP of Tax, Fund Accounting, CO #2155 (closed)
** This is a new position. We need manager level experience in a Tax or Accounting Department in an investment company (mutual funds).
Search For: accounting, mutual fund, mutual fund services, tax, manager, Fidelity, Vanguard, Janus, American Funds.
Position Title VP of Tax - Fund Accounting - CO #2155
Location Denver CO
Head up the provision of tax services related to each client. Review and approve calculations prepared by Tax Accountant and reviewed by Senior Tax Accountant or Tax Supervisor or Manager.
Oversees the following:
Tax Provision Calculation and Compliance
Review tax provision for annual audit
Coordinate with auditors for review of tax provisions
Review tax status of investments held in each fund and research as needed
Review distribution calculations on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
Assure that RIC status is maintained pursuant to Subchapter M of the IRC
Tax Return Preparation
Review Forms 1120RIC and Schedule D, 8613, 7004 and required state filings
Review 1099 reporting information for use by transfer agency
Review shareholder communications to be mailed with Forms 1099 Misc.
Provide clients with special reports, as requested
Review calculations prepared by Tax Accountants
Provide training and guidance to Tax Accountants, Senior Tax Accountants and Tax Supervisors
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to self-start and work with little direction
Minimum 8 years experience within investment company industry
Bachelors Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
1. 8 + years of experience within investment company Tax or Accounting department.
2. 3+ years of Management within investment company Tax or Accounting department.
3. Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting).
5. Must be a US citizen and MUST send resume in MS Word.