Senior Software Engineer (closed)
Why Choose AECOM?
Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
About the Business Line Government Services:
We have the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
The selected candidate will be responsible for analysis and preparation of a trade study and prototype effort for visualization of the Space Deconfliction (DECON) system. Tasks will include support of Systems Engineering in Requirements Development as well Software Engineering efforts for design, code and unit test of the prototype, and documentation of the trade in a report to the customer.
· Top Secret Clearance with SCI
· Three to Five year’s minimum experience developing and/or analysis of software architectures for Space missions
· 3D visualization of geometric sources, targets, visualization of ground based sensor coverage and satellite propagation integrating any or all of the following products into space applications:
· Satellite Toolkit (STK)
· NASA World Wind
· AFRL Predictive Avoidance (PA) Tool
· Thin Client 3D earth and geospatial visualization
· Development of Space Mission domain applications using Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) or J2EE
· Technical degree is required in a related discipline
Additional Preferred Experience:
· Visual C++ and C#, .NET skills for evaluation of the AFRL PA tool.
· Object/Relational Mapping (ORM) using Hibernate
· Space Deconfliction (DECON) System Software Development experience
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply directly to this position: