Java Consultant, Reston VA (closed)
Fantastic opportunity to join one of the Premier Consulting Firms in the world as a Java Consultant. Candidates MUST BE US Citizens.
Key Delivery Responsibilities May Include:
- Working with the client's technical infrastructure and operations teams to support environment build-outs for technical solutions.
- Collaborating with the client's business owners to identify desired functionality, business requirements, and business use cases
- Working with other technical architects and leads to gather requirements, define roadmaps, and define technical architectures and solution designs from business and/or technical requirements, applying best practices and design patterns
- Performing technology architecture design activities, portions of technology build, test and implementation activities, refine and enhance architecture and framework, as well as troubleshoot and debug technology integration problems.
- Defining and establishing development architectures, which includes automated and continuous build capabilities
- Designing and developing proof of concepts as needed, integrating new components with back office systems during the design and requirements phase to evaluate products and integration strategies
- Possessing familiarity with common, relevant architecture frameworks and being able to use them in diagnosing and assessing architectures.
- Assisting in project selection of framework and third party architecture and integration frameworks, taking into consideration all relevant requirements, project scope and feasibility concerns.
- Driving quality assurance, code reviews, testing of application modules, and delivery methodology processes to ensure successful project delivery and client satisfaction
- Leading the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
- Communicating effectively with team members and clients to gain the required knowledge to perform these tasks
- 100% US travel (Monday-Thursday) required with potential to stay Friday depending on project need
- Minimum of 1 year experience with architecture design skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience with application development, configuration, and delivery enablement
- Minimum of 2 years experience with management, administration, and customization using one or more of the following: Rational Application Developer, Rational Software Architect, Eclipse, CruiseControl, LuntBuild, .Net, Maven, Visual Source Safe, Subversion, ClearCase, or PVCS.
- Experience with one or more of the following Application Servers and Operating Systems : WebSphere, WebLogic, Sun AS, Glass Fish, JBoss, Tomcat, Unix, Windows
- Minimum of 1 year Java experience or formal training
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum 1 year of Java experience strongly preferred
- Delivery methodologies such as Agile, XP, SCRUM, Model Drive, RUP, and Waterfall
- Previous Consulting and/or Client Service Delivery experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Java, Java EE, Open Source Software, and/or .Net
- Object oriented programming languages (Java, C#, C++)
- Software frameworks such as Spring, Spring MVC, Struts, and Hibernate
- Application configuration management implementation and build experience, including continuous integration using tools such as Maven and Cruise Control
- Automated testing using Junit or Nunit
- Software development estimating techniques
- Code complexity and quality analysis-usage of profiling tools such as JProbe
- Load scripting tools-such as HP Loadrunner for performance testing
- Systems testing and validation
- Build and migration experience
- Source control tools such as Subversion, CVS, ClearCase, PVCS, or Visual Studio
- Technical deployment and roll-out support
- QA/Defect Tracking tools such as ClearQuest and Mercury Quality Center