User Support Specialist (closed)
Technology Resources is seeking a talented and experienced User Support Specialist for our client, a large, prestigious law firm in downtown DC.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Resolves incoming telephone requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies.
- Analyzes and resolves problems according to shifting priorities, time frames and resources, as well as documenting resolutions in call tracking system.
- Effectively documents all support calls and, if necessary, escalates calls to proper internal or external support person. Monitors progress through resolution.
- Monitors support activity and informs team/manager of any perceived trends, positive or negative, in calls being received and/or solutions being employed.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery.
- Participates in the implementation of special projects as requested.
- Consistently models the highest levels of client service orientation and professionalism.
- Continually improves technical proficiency through research, self-training and participation in internal and external training opportunities.
- Continually improves client service through diligent, thoughtful and timely execution of support requests.
- Participates in the after-hours pager rotation, providing on-call 24x7 technical support.
- Participates in the rotation of monitoring and resolving of voicemail and email requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong personal computer skills including hardware, operating system and software knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Office Applications and Windows XP required. Legal applications knowledge preferred (Interwoven, Elite, Deltaview, etc.).
- Must have strong oral, interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Strong customer service focus combined with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing less than 50 lbs.
- Visual acuity sufficient to permit performance of job functions enumerated above.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; a concentration in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Minimum two years of customer service or technical support experience required. Law firm and technology experience preferred.
Hours for the position are 8:30am-5:00pm.