Lead Software Developer (closed)
Join a team that works in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, where your opportunities for personal and professional advancement are limited only by your abilities and initiative. We have the latest in computer hardware, tools and technologies to support the software development projects that we take on. In addition, we reward employees with attractive compensation and benefits including company ownership and a strong 401K plan.
For this role, we would require previous experience leading software development teams ranging from 3-10 developers. Strong technical skills are required in the areas of service development (i.e. WCF Services, Windows Services, Web Services), Biztalk 2009, C#, XML, XSLT, XSD (xml schema) SQL Server development skills (i.e. Transact-SQL, stored procedures, query optimization) and front-end development skills (i.e. ASP.NET, Sharepoint).
- Leads a technical group on projects from technical design through implementation
- Mentors, provides guidance and direction to lower-level developers
- Create technical specifications based on functional specifications and architectural
- Write code to meet technical specifications.
- Performs peer and project team code reviews
- Test code and make appropriate modifications.
- Complete appropriate documentation in compliance with all procedures and standards.
- Recommend improvements/modifications to designs.
- Advise Business Analysts and non-technical people on issues as appropriate
- Report progress to managers, customers and other required parties as appropriate.
- Contributes to and manages small to medium projects.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices and processes of software development. Significant expertise needed to complete complex assignments. Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts.
- Assignments are broad in nature and require ingenuity and originality.
- Solves complex problems often taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works under general direction with latitude to proceed on some actions or decisions.
- 5 or more years experience as a software developer
- Ability to lead and mentor developers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related area preferred.
- Experience coding/programming/ developing with working knowledge of .Net, and SQL development.
- Applied knowledge of object oriented programming techniques, methods and structures.
- Applied knowledge of data access and update techniques, methods and structures.
- Applied knowledge of multi-tier internet application architectures using Microsoft technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new, emerging application development and integration technologies and techniques.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to meet project-related commitments on time and with the highest standards of quality.