Senior Software Engineer
- Mandatory skills
- Overall experience of 4 to 10 years.
- Good programming experience in C and/or C++
- Significant experience in working with any of the mainstream databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Sybase)
- Programming experience in working at DB interface layer
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Experience in embedded SQL programming (Pro*C/C++ or ECPG)
- Experience in PL/SQL or Transact-SQL or PL/PgSQL
- Experience in working with stored procedures and triggers
- Strong experience in Linux
- Optional skills
- Database schema design
- Database performance tuning
- Database migration
- Scripting (any of shell, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Expected work
- Design, implement, and test new features on a conditional access system for a digital video network.
- The feature implementation will be in C and C++. Database access will be through embedded SQL.
- Identify and design DB changes (schema, stored procedures, triggers, DB related scripts, etc.) required to support new features working together with the DBA.
- Troubleshoot functional and performance issues spanning C/C++ code and the DB.
- Work together with the product owner, subject matter experts, architects, UI developers, and the DBAs to meet end-to-end feature requirements.
- Work with the DBA for any database migration effort in the long term.
- This is not a DBA role - but a C/C++ development role with a strong focus on DB interaction.