Supervising I&C Engineer IV-12004791 (closed)
Please mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDS is seeking a Supervising I&C Engineer IV for an open position in Anchorage, AK.
- Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager.
- Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less experienced Engineers.
- Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers/nAssist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages
- Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data./nDevelop Design basis for projects and design work in accordance with department procedures and standards. /nCheck calculations performed by others/n
- Professional Engineering License by exam required.
- Upstream Oil & Gas industry experience
- Candidate must have an advanced level of knowledge within the I & C discipline and a strong understanding of the other disciplines.
- Must be fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope for the I & C discipline.
- Must be fully versed in business development concepts and methods and leads the project proposal process for I & C.
- Candidate must have a full understanding of the needs of Construction.
- Must be fully versed in procurement activities associated with major I & C equipment (i.e., specifications, data sheets, requisitions, technical bid evaluations, vendor documentation reviews, factory acceptance testing).
- Must have a strong understanding of discipline tools for system analysis studies
- Must understand external factors that impact engineering problems
- Must fully understand use of requisitions and the role of materials management
- Must be able to lead the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
- Candidate must have mastered and can lead all aspects of estimating for the I&C discipline.
- Must fully understand cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders
- Must fully understand and lead the planning and scheduling of I&C engineering and Design tasks.
- Knowledgeable with ISA Standards
- Familiarity with control systems, motor controls, PLCs and DCSs
- Familiarity with safety systems, IEC 61511, ISA S84.01
- Knowledgeable in Smart Plant Instrumentation / InTools
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident required
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination