Health Services Director (closed)
- Overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the nursing department
- Assures that adequate strategies are in place to verify the current licensure and credentials of nursing employees.
- Schedules and performs Resident rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and medications and treatments
- Recommends to the Administrator the number and levels of nursing personnel to employed
- Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident population
- Participates in the budget process of the facility and maintains the nursing supply, equipment and nurse staff budgets
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable managed care, Medicare and state Medicaid regulations
- Follows JCAHO standards for long-term care
- Makes nursing diagnoses which serves as the basis for the strategy of care
- Develops a plan of care based on assessment, implementing nurse care
- Evaluates the residents responses to nursing interventions
- Designs, promotes and organizes resident education and counseling based on health needs
All potential candidates must have:
- A graduate degree of an accredited school of professional nursing is highly preferred
Management or supervisory experience in long-term care, restorative or geriatric nursing his preferred
- A current Registered Nurse (RN License)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, nursing/Resident progress notes and nursing procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from department heads, customers (Residents, family members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, or, diagram or schedule form.
About Govig Senior Care (www.govigseniorcare.com)
Govig & Associates was founded in 1978 and we have been fortunate to be surrounded with outstanding people ever since. Our average tenure of 7 years speaks to our commitment to hiring talented people.
Keywords: skilled nursing, SNF, nursing home, Assisted living, RN, registered nurse, director of nursing, assistant director of nursing, DON, Health Service Director, HSD