Solutions Consultant (Pre-Sales) (closed)
TIBCO Spotfire products offer a visual and interactive experience that helps professionals quickly discover new and actionable insights in information. Distinguished by its speed to insight and adaptability to specific business challenges, Spotfire rapidly reveals unseen threats and new opportunities, creating significant economic value. Spotfire customers include industry leaders among the Global 2000 that have deployed Spotfire analytics to gain an information advantage over their competitors. For more information, visit http://spotfire.tibco.com.
The Solution Consultant is a critical member of the sales team whose primary role is to manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle. Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining and presenting focused product demonstrations that illustrate how TIBCO Spotfire software can address the critical business issues that a prospect is facing
- Analysis, analytic workflows, predictive modeling and story telling
- Delivering strong “proof-of-concept” engagements that demonstrate business value and technical benefits as well as strong ROI
- Playing a key role in uncovering opportunities to provide additional solutions within existing major accounts
- Working with account managers to create sales plans and forecasts
- Working “one on one” with business and technical analysts to assist them in exploring solutions, overcoming ease-of-use hurdles, improving data access and/or deriving more value from TIBCO Spotfire software and solutions.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced Solutions Consultant/Sales Engineer with a very strong technical and sales background and experience in the “Government” business processes and communications.
- Experienced Solutions Consultant (Sales Engineer) with a strong technical and sales background.
- Top Secret Government security clearance mandatory
- Adept at all aspects of field and C-level customer interactions, including presentations, demonstrations, proof-of-concepts and implementations.
- Strong revenue and customer focus with a history of successfully supporting sales cycles.
- Intellectually curious and driven to learn new things and troubleshoot/solve proble
- Skilled in data analysis; familiar with several data analysis and/or reporting software packages (Business Intelligence, dashboarding and portals)
- Very strong computer skills. Knowledge of relational databases and SQL helpful but not mandatory
- Knowledge of C#, Java and Python would be helpful but not mandatory
- In-depth knowledge of statistics (especially R and S+) would be helpful but not mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, geology or other relevant scientific, military or intelligence related field.
Washington DC area
15% travel (day trips are the norm with some overnight travel)