Data Integration and Interface Engineer (closed)
DATA INTEGRATION AND INTERFACE ENGINEER
Perficient is always looking for the best and brightest technology talent to support our growing partner and client portfolio. We have scaled from a startup organization to an industry leader by delivering business-driven technology solutions to solve real business problems for mid-sized and large corporations throughout the U.S. and abroad.
Perficient is currently looking for DATA INTEGRATION AND INTERFACE ENGINEER located in our CHARLOTTE, NC office.
The DATA INTEGRATION AND INTERFACE ENGINEER plays a key role in new client start-up implementation projects in a fast-paced, growing, flexible environment. They work directly with our client’s hospital technical teams and/or other external interface specialists to ensure that data is properly transferred, transformed, and analyzed. Starting and keeping data flowing smoothly and securely to our applications is critical to our clients’ business mission and growth.
Additionally, the Interface Engineer will be responsible for:
- Determines and analyzes interface/integration capabilities between client hospital information systems and Premier products by reviewing specifications and working with interface vendors and client technical teams to determine the best interface options.
- Analyzes raw data for structure, format, content, and relationships to ensure compatibility and requirements for the various analyses performed.
- Develops and maintains scripts, regular expressions, and other data transformations needed to support data interfacing.
- Generally sets up data processing for new clients to ensure proper data flow, analysis, and reporting.
- Serves as a liaison with vendors, clients, and consultants to resolve data integration issues.
- Collaborate with the Clinical and Quality Assurance teams to ensure proper data context, mapping, and analysis processing.
- May oversee the work of contracted suppliers.
- Provides application and client user support.
- Performs ad-hoc queries (esp. T-SQL) to troubleshoot and ‘sleuth’ data issues; often as a result of client Help Desk issues.
- Relational Database Knowledge/Skills: In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of relational databases, especially SQL Server.
- Database Sleuth: Ability to perform ad-hoc queries (esp. T-SQL) to troubleshoot and ‘sleuth’ data issues; often as a result of client help desk issues.
- Data Interfacing and Transformation Technologies: Experience with (or ability to quickly learn) data interfacing technologies such as SQL Server DTS, DataJunction/ DataIntegrator, and HL7.
- Data Filtering, Manipulation, and Loading: Experience with loading data into database tables, data filtering, parsing, and recognition using regular expressions and other common techniques.
- Data Processing Setup: Ability to learn proprietary data loading/processing techniques and implement initial workflow and data setup including loading workflow process data, initial data mappings, pick-lists, subscription information, user accounts, core reports, and other meta-data.
- Data Transfer and Communications Technologies: Familiarity with data transfer and communications technologies including FTP/SFTP and XML.
- Data Analysis in Raw Form: Ability to analyze data for format, content, relationships, etc. in its raw form before being loaded into database tables as an iterative process with clients.
- Document Record of Implementation: Ability to clearly track and document the implementation process using online tools such as Wiki.
- Excellent communication Skills: Ability to participate and coordinate conference calls and ensure timely resolution of interface issues.
- Bachelors Degree required, Computer Science, MIS, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related discipline preferred.
3-5 years experience in business or healthcare data environment that includes:
- Proven database and report/query development experience (T-SQL stored procedures, views, and other queries) in a small, fast-paced, growing environment
- Proven experience in data interfacing and transformation technologies
- Demonstrable ‘must-have’ experience with the following technologies: SQL Server 2000 and Windows based operating systems.
This is a full time position with Perficient. Applicants can live anywhere they choose to live as long as they are willing to travel on a weekly basis. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in salaried staff employment opportunities. At Perficient, we offer a full competitive base salary, bonuses twice a year, a full benefits package including medical, dental and vision, a 401(k) with matching contributions, 4 weeks of paid time off, and 10 paid holidays per year.
Perficient is a leading information technology consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. Our IT consultants deliver business-driven technology solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive advantage, make their businesses more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs.
Since 1998, we have delivered successful business-driven technology solutions for hundreds of Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers. During that time, we have grown from a startup to a publicly-traded firm with approximately 1,400 full-time professionals serving clients from locations in 18 strategic markets across North America, global delivery centers in Europe and China, and a technology consulting recruiting office in India.
We have deep domain expertise in technology solutions that differentiate our firm. We use small, expert project teams that deliver high-value, measurable results by working collaboratively with clients through a user-centered, technology-based and business-driven solutions methodology. We believe this approach enhances return-on-investment for our clients by significantly reducing the time and risk associated with designing and implementing eBusiness integration solutions. To learn more about Perficient's services, solutions, products, and locations go to www.perficient.com.