Senior Marketing Analyst (closed)
Gazelle is the leader in the direct to consumer “reCommerce” categoryand one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Gazelle was recognized by Inc.Magazine in its 2010 and 2011 list of America's Fastest Growing Companies(The Inc. 500). Gazelle ranked 24th in2010 and 35th in 2011 with a 3 year growth of 5,753% ($364K in 2007 to $21.3M in 2010).The Company then grew by more than 60% in 2011 and continues to experiencestrong growth in 2012. Gazelle has demonstrated its business model is highlyscalable and their addressable market opportunity is huge.
In simple terms, Gazelle buys pre-owned consumer electronics products directlyfrom consumers via gazelle.com and then resells the products back direct toconsumers via retail channels such as eBay and Amazon and through wholesalechannels.
Gazelle’s vision is to completely redefine the way people think aboutbuying, owning, selling and recycling consumer electronics.
We are looking for a strong performer to support both marketing and product management, providing analysis of all customer acquisition and website related analytics. The highly-motivated candidate will have a strong ability to collect insight from marketing efforts, summarize their analyses and report findings to the marketing organization. We’re searching for a candidate that will work closely with team internally to provide feedback and reporting on key initiatives as well as day-to-day results on marketing activities and website performance. Candidates should have a strong background in mathematics or analysis and be comfortable working with Excel and SQL. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, naturally curious and has a strong desire to work closely with the team to improve marketing effectiveness, website performance, and the customer experience.
Customer Acquisition/Marketing Responsibilities
- Ownership of all marketing-related data and reporting as it relates to customer acquisition efforts, repeat/retention metrics.
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reporting of performance relative to specific KPIs and goals. Summarize reports with thoughtful analysis and insight to drive decision-making.
- Maintain all campaign tracking as it feeds into reporting and data efforts. In concert with other members of the marketing team, develop and maintain an overall campaign tracking schema and ongoing maintenance of it.
- Manage customer segmentation analyses to understand specific customer behavior and patterns of activity to feed development of programs to drive increase transaction activity from the existing customer base.
Product Management Responsibilities
- Provide regular reporting on website performance, opportunities for improvement and comparison to KPIs.
- Leverage Google Analytics to provide specific insights into website performance and identify key opportunities on the site to drive increased conversion.
- Support ongoing website optimization through analysis of abandonment points on the site, A/B testing results and provide impact analysis for key changes to the website.
- Support survey work to track customer satisfaction as well as research new opportunities to fuel growth within the customer base or enhance the experience.
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Marketing or Bachelor’s degree combined with relevant professional experience.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to find insights in diverse data sets
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, specifically Excel and SQL
- Experience with Google Analytics or comparable analytics platform
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Proven work ethic, and strong desire to succeed in a team environment
Ideal candidates will be excited about joining a dynamic, growing team whose work will dramatically affect the growth of the business.
Please send your resume and a cover that answers the questions below with 'Senior Marketing Analyst' in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. What website analytics platforms have you used? What metrics do you typically look at?
2. Please give an example of a project you worked on where you provided analysis that drove a lift in performance?
3. What tools have you worked with to measure marketing performance?
4. What marketing channels have you evaluated the performance of? Do you have any experience measuring the performance of offline channels like TV or radio? How did you go about doing that?