Ruby on Rails Developer - New York (closed)
An innovative and fast growing live video start-up based in New York, which delivers over a billion minutes of video per month, islooking for talented engineers to help them build and scale the most amazing live streaming service.
They are looking for candidates who are passionate about software development, take pride in what they build, are quick learners and love to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. As part of a start-up competing in a world-scale market, you will have the ability to release often, see your work be used by millions of people, and will be offered a competitive salary and equity package.
- Architect, design and implement the next generations of our website.
- Help lead a team of developers and ensure best practices in all areas of the engineering process such as: rigorous source control, code reviews, automated builds, etc.
- Apply your development and engineering skills to a variety of different technologies, including node.js, redis, etc.
- Collaborate with an extraordinarily small and talented team of other engineers and designers.
- Continuously improve the performance and scalability of the product to support the growth of our high-traffic platform.
- BS in CS, or MS in related field.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby language and rails framework. The ideal candidate also masters another language such as PHP or Python.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and design patterns, such as MVC.
- Experience with DBs/SQL/NoSQL, and the architecture chalenges associated with each of them.
- Understanding of RESTful architectures and experience working/interacting with web services.
- Unix/Linux development experience preferred.
- Good communication skills & strong team player.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with weekly release schedules.
- Experience with version control systems.
Start Date: Immediate