Research Associate (closed)
Infogroup has an exciting opportunity to join its Papillion location as a Research Associate. In this position you will have the opportunity to accurately and efficiently validating, compiling, and updating Company records in the database via Internet and phone research based on business rules.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Verify existing database information, or add, delete, or modify existing information in the database by making phone calls to businesses.
2. Research annual and financial reports, press releases, and business publications
3. Research company websites.
4. Maintain department standards in a production driven environment. Production is monitored hourly, daily, and monthly for production. .
5. Handle outbound calls in a professional manner. Verify, modify, add, and delete information in the database through web research and direct telephone contact with relevant companies.
6. Correct errors provided by quality assurance department.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
2. Strong communication skills, with ability to obtain company information through strong probing skills.
3. Knowledge of Internet search engines and ability to use Internet for research.
4. Knowledge of business structures / business acumen
5. Knowledge of Stock Exchange and public information websites is helpful.
6. Must have basic familiarity with the following applications; Excel, Word, and Access.
7. General knowledge of financial terminology (business and accounting terminology) preferred.
8. Keen eye for identifying discrepancies with the ability to conduct web research and data entry.
9. Aptitude for quality assurance and attention to detail are a must.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
2. Previous experience is preferred.
Infogroup helps companies increase sales and customer loyalty through its high-value data and innovative multi-channel digital and offline marketing solutions. Infogroup enables its clients – from local businesses to Fortune 100 companies – to target, connect with and engage their most valuable audiences. With cutting edge technology and analytics bolstered by our proprietary, real time Data Axle ™ of contextually relevant information on more than 220 million individuals and 21 million businesses, Infogroup delivers the complete spectrum of value added data, direct and digital marketing solutions.
Infogroup offers an attractive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits. At Infogroup, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally.
We hope you make the decision to join us by clicking the following link and creating an on-line profile with us at: http://www.infogroup.com/about-us/careers.aspx. Please reference requisition number PAP1875.
Infogroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V.