One of our clients on the operator side is looking for a Lead Planner.
- To provide planning services to projects; to ensure that all plans and project schedules are fully integrated to reflect the time and resource requirements to perform the project scope of work at all times.
- To ensure progress is accurately measured and that forecasts are reliable; to support the preparation of scenario plans and progress reports.
- Develop hierarchical and auditable planning levels from level 0 (overall scope of work) down to level 3 or more as required for individual project scopes of work.
- Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance in support of the Project Manager?s accountabilities,
- Perform schedule benchmarks and risk analyses for different scenarios and review outcome with project team.
- Prepare and maintain project planning and project control procedures, including methods and norms for planning and scheduling.
- Prepare and maintain resource plans for the project.
- Contribute to the Potential Change meetings and in the maintenance of the Potential Change and Variation Order Proposal Register.
- Monitor and review contractors? schedules and provide feedback to the Project Controls Manager on areas of underperformance or variance against contract or baseline schedules.
- Roll up contractors? schedules into an overall integrated project schedule.
- Verify progress and performance against plan, identify areas of potential schedule overrun requiring corrective action, forecast completions and provide accurate and timely project reports.
- Contribute to the development of schedule recovery or other such optimisation strategies.
- Lead or participate in as appropriate, cost and schedule risk analyses, using probabilistic techniques.
- Lead or participate in as appropriate, the development of a project risk register to provide for identification, mitigation and monitoring of project risks.
- Support the preparation of the project monthly report by providing updated progress and forecast information.
- Work with the project team in the use of project planning software to evaluate options in scope or execution.
- Ensure that all interfaces are identified, understood and documented in the schedule and monitored.
- Ensure short term ?critical? activities are identified, understood and reviewed.
- Prepare and maintain the work breakdown structure in co-ordination with work and organisation structures and accounting processes in liaison with the appropriate functions.
- Develop and maintain the project contracts plan in conjunction with the PCM.
- Ensure that all plans are realistic and fully challenged prior to management submission.
- Ensure project out-turn planning data and lessons learned are fed back to internal project stakeholders for the benefit of future projects.
- Facilitate third party and sub-contractor scheduling efforts through early alignment of expectations and ensuring that thie third party / sub-contractor planning function receives the appropriate support from other project team members.
Qualification/Skills and knowledge:
- Engineering HND, 5 years planning, 10 years oil and gas experience
- Significant experience in Onshore and Offshore Petrochemical Projects in Europe
- Experience in working direct or indirectly for a Major Oil Company.
- Experience in preparing and executing control procedures for both cost and planning.
Please apply to email@example.com