Environmental Health and Safety Professional (closed)
Currently seeking 3 Environmental Health and Safety Professionals!
This role with be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day environmental functions for Mountain West. It can be based out of Wyoming, Denver or North Dakota. Depending on base location, there will be some travel to and from North Dakota. This position will provide maximum safety benefits for the staff at the facility and at remote locations. Serves as the divisions designated safety and occupational health advisor to ensure compliance. This person will be responsible for providing maximum safety benefits for the staff at the facility and at remote locations. Serves as the divisions designated safety and occupational health advisor to ensure compliance.
- Establishes and communicates environmental, health, and safety policies, programs, and procedures to division staff.
- Trains division staff on environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring all divisions’ locations to insure OSHA compliance.
- Assists operations personnel with obtaining MSDS and training staff on applicable hazards.
- Investigates incidents and completes necessary paperwork for incident.
- Follow up with implementation of modified work duty & return to work programs for injured workers.
- Ensures all staff is properly trained on OSHA & EPA programs and completes the required orientation.
- Provide resources material for safety meetings, collating and distributing of safety meeting minutes. Work with site management on resolution and communication at the job site. Attend toolbox and regular safety meetings on a regular scheduled basis.
- Work with team as a resource to assist in development and revision of safe work practices and job procedures and to monitor and evaluate compliance to the practices and procedures.
- Highly knowledgeable of safety and health regulations, regulatory interaction processes and incident response and investigation.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills which enable influence and effective partnering.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and problem solve.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint