Mid-Level SharePoint Developer $85-125K (closed)
Mid-Level SharePoint Developer $85-125K
Location – Aberdeen, MD
Be a member of an award-winning company that provides highly competitive salaries, bonuses, outstanding benefits, and career advancement. Join this organization’s highly skilled and award-winning team that provides users across the Armed Forces a suite of web-based social media tools and technologies to improve workforce and warfighter collaboration.
Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for fulfilling new and enhanced requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. This will provide the opportunity to participate in all phases of SharePoint implementation:
- Design and develop SharePoint applications, features, and Web parts and build Intranet portals and collaboration solutions using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010.
- Create executive-level dashboards, architect organizational site collections, and customize existing templates and develop new templates.
- Integrate the SharePoint portal with other corporate data sources, applications, knowledge management systems, and integrate SharePoint reporting functions with third part reporting solutions (i.e., Business Objects).
- Integrate and implement SharePoint lists, libraries, custom forms, and data roll-ups beyond out-of-the-box capabilities.
- Participate in SharePoint architecture, development, deployment, and administration issues.
- Troubleshoot and follow-up on issues, including working hand-in-hand with technical and functional teams.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Convert existing content, sites and services from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
- Regularly communicate progress, issues, and risks to the Project Lead
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010 and related SharePoint products and technologies.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience designing, architecting, developing, and customizing SharePoint applications, features, Web parts. and templates, preferably in large-scale enterprise environments.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Designer 2007/2010 for building customized site templates, lists, and workflows.
- Experience with InfoPath 2007/2010 Form design and XML.
- 3 to 5 years of development in .NET, C#, Java (J2EE, EJB, Jbuilder, JSM), HTML, and CSS.
- 3 to 5 years of Microsoft-centric application development.
- Some level of experience with SOAP, XML, and SQL.
- Experience developing secure Web-based systems and portals.
- Working knowledge of Web Services.
- Experience integrating SharePoint with other Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience working within a structured (iterative models preferred) development lifecycle/methodology, working on systems integration/infrastructure optimization, and leveraging documented APIs.
You will also have troubleshooting skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to interact with users of all levels of expertise; perform effectively in a team environment or alone and unsupervised; and protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Other experience (a plus):
- Similar experience in a military environment is a plus.
- CompTIA Security+ certified or willing to obtain certification after hire
- MCTS in SharePoint 2010 Configuring and/or Application Development (70-667 and/or 70-573) or willing to obtain certification after hire
- MCSD .NET certification desirable but not required
- Ability to pass a background check and be clearable for a possible clearance