Planning Engineer (exp. in heavy LNG projects) (closed)
Possible that this position will relocate to Australia for PERM JOB after a given amount of time.
This position will ensure that all planning and reporting obligations of the Contractor’s organisation are complied with whilst controlling all company plant project planning activities. This position holds responsibility for all below listed activities.
· To coordinate with and assist Project Management in the provision of a comprehensive, integrated planning, status monitoring and reporting and risk evaluation function for the project.
· To perform all planning analysis and consolidations of same at a summary level for internal and external reporting to project management and CLIENT shareholders where necessary
· To assist in development and maintenance of an Integrated detailed Project Master Schedule (PMS), including relevant summaries and evaluate and analyse the integrity of Contractor’s project schedule database.
· Uphold and ensure compliance with EHS standards for performance and behaviour.
· Implement programs to achieve the requirements of the EHSM.S
· Manage EHS risk and promote risk awareness amongst employees.
· Coach and develop the team to continually improve EHS performance and effectiveness.
- Coordinate the collection of data and analysis from the Contractor and various Project groups, analyze it for consistency, prepare regular summary reports and submit overall summary and detailed Planning reports for management information
- Participate in HSE site inspections and investigations. Interact with the workforce to ensure everyone goes home safely every day
- Contribute to company project team independent analysis and reporting
- Monitor and confirm Contractors actual physical progress for validating integration with other contracts ,gas supply to the Plant and LNG delivery narrowing window notifications
- Recording and identifying schedule events that could lead to a contractor claim.
- Monitor the Contractor’s fully integrated overall Planning and reporting function to provide support to the various Project groups (Engineering, procurement and contracts, construction, Commissioning and start-up )to ensure that project management’s requirements for timely and accurate reporting of project activities is achieved
- Develop and prepare further detailed and integrated plans and procedures for Planning and reporting.
- Prepare project wide monthly/weekly schedule and progress reports and graphical presentations of the summary Plans and forecasts for appropriate input to the Project Monthly Reports, general Project ‘Visibility’ and any ad hoc reports that may be called for from internal or external sources
- Conduct schedule risk analysis and scenario planning risk analysis along with monthly, project wide, trend analysis.
- Conduct Periodic audits of Contractor and its subcontractor’s/vendor’s progress status and procedural compliance where allowed within the Contract..
- Prepare and maintain detailed data bases and analyses of project resource utilization and ensure sufficient detail exists of such information in the event of contractor and sub-contractor claims for acceleration, productivity, delays, force majeure claims and the like. Be prepared to defend any potential claims with facts, analysis, appropriate logic and reports.
- Support the Project Management team by consistently focusing on established project goals, and maintaining the appropriate tools that keep the goals in focus to take into account all of the requirements of the Project groups, the EPC Contractor and sub contractors, the Program Group and ensure that as far as possible a measure of consistency is observed throughout each of the groups
- Keep Project Management fully informed on matters related to their area of responsibility so that decisions can be made based on the best available information.
Backelor's degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Eligibility for membership of a recognised engineering association or institute
- Expert with various proprietary project management and planning computing systems, namely Primavera and Monte Carlo.
- At least 10 - 15 years oil and gas industry in a control function, including significant experience on large downstream LNG multi-location projects.
- Significant experience in schedule analysis and procedures such as:
- Decision and Risk Analysis (D&RA)
- Experience and thorough knowledge of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Familiarity with performing critical path method (CPM) analysis, variance analyses, float analysis and schedule trending.
- Schedule development, management and change control, claim defence, engineering and construction methods, commissioning and start up planning, critical path and trending analysis and high profile presentations.