Technical Architect (closed)
Market Risk Technology SME - Technical Architect
Be a part of the team that designs and extend the margin technology infrastructure (Strategic Margin Technology aka SMI) to enable the processing of all Prime Brokerage credit positions using the risk methodology for Basel, Stress Testing and Business Risk that is being developed. This corporate and business level project has high visibility with tight deadlines and is required to meet our regulator’s approval.
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills; Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across globally dispersed team as well as with different business units to facilitate product development
• Proven ability to organize and execute projects in a consistent, repeatable and reliable manner; Professionalism and ability to take initiative and leadership;
• General knowledge of IT operations and mastery of industry standard project management practices and an in-depth understanding of SDLC, especially Agile methodologies; and IT/Application Lifecycle management.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a geographically dispersed group of Business Analysts, Business Users, Developers, Project Managers, Development Manager, Business Users as well as Senior Technical Leaders in a fluid environment to deliver high quality applications on time, to specification and within budget.
• Understanding of the problem space, data analysis and define specifications for integration with quantitative models built across various asset classes including fixed income and equity products.
• 15 or more years of financial services industry experience, at least 5 of these in a project management role; Experience with front and middle office analytical applications.
• Knowledge of Prime Brokerage, financing business, and margin process and risk management methodology is desired.
• Some knowledge of fixed income, equity and commodity based financial products, capital markets, derivatives pricing and risk is prerequisite.
• Experience integrating external third party or in-house risk systems is essential.
• This is a senior development role and as such requires an understanding and an ability to evaluate alternative development methodologies, architectural and technical choices; as well as ability to estimate and select resources, participants; hardware requirements and capacity planning and impact analysis
• Strong technical background with proven experience across multiple programming languages and platforms including C++, Java/J2EE, .NET; Windows and Linux; system integration/scripting (Pyton, Perl); Automation solutions
• Experience with database technologies required especially, MS SQL Server and Oracle.
• Exposure to real time systems, and high-volume mission critical straight-through processing systems and pricing and risk engines.
• Experience in object oriented systems; distributed computing and service oriented system design; Understands concepts of system technologies such as: networking (http, iptables, Linux bridges, vlans), hypervisors & containers, storage, automation, queuing, active directory, etc.
• Attention to detail and execution oriented. Pro-active and self- starter.