Assistant Pharmaceutical Research Librarian (closed)
A very successful and cutting-edge pharmaceutical company in Cambridge is looking for an Assistant Pharmaceutical Research Librarian to work with scientists and others to collect journals, articles and studies of new pharma products.
Previous library management experience with a background in biological science a plus
The Assistant Research Librarian position is an entry-level opportunity to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The role requires the ability to work with internal customers and external vendors to proactively solve problems and identify new product opportunities.
- Respond quickly to requests from scientists, marketers, senior leaders and other internal customers for third party research and articles applicable to the R&D and product development efforts. Evaluate potential information sources to find the most cost effective and appropriate options.
- Update applicable databases in a timely and accurate way and generate necessary reports on a periodic or as-needed basis. Procure and document the use of research materials to comply with copyright and FDA regulations.
- Work with external vendors and internal clients to document processes and policies associated with the management of third party databases and subscriptions.
- Customer service orientation with a focus on quality and a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic database, search engine and data management technology.
- Able to contribute independently, with limited direct supervision