Oracle 11i PM/BA (closed)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The primary role of this position is to provide project management and business analysis services for Oracle Financials and other Financial based applications. Additionally, this position will provide enhancements and production support to all Enterprise Financial applications. The candidate must have Oracle 11i experience with an emphasis on AP, PO, GL, and FA modules.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work closely with clients to understand and document business requirements and to gain a thorough understanding of the business processes.
- Prepare fit-gap analysis and functional specifications for requested enhancements based upon detailed understanding of Oracle software, process best practices, and client requirements. This will include developing multiple solutions, evaluating each solution, and making a recommendation for the appropriate solution.
- Develop project estimates and monitor project progress to ensure that the implementation of new systems is timely and cost effective. Report progress to department and client management as needed to ensure appropriate levels of support to meet goal.
- Coordinate and participate in system testing for enhancements and projects.
- Prepare the appropriate documentation of developed and installed systems from both the client and technical perspective.
- Provide production support for existing Financial systems in cooperation with other team members and develop custom extensions to the Financial Applications, primarily reporting and interfaces.
- Work closely with the rest of the IT support team to enhance their functional understanding of the system
- Stay abreast of new developments and functionality in the Oracle offerings and provide skilled, knowledgeable expertise in Oracle Financials best practices
- Travel may be required
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by pager and/or cell phone
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 5+ years of overall application development experience. 3+ years of development experience with Oracle Applications 11i, including Oracle Developer 6i, SQL/PL-SQL.
- 3+ years of IT Project Management experience leading implementation of new systems from vendor selection to Production
- 3+ years working on Enterprise Financial application. Experience working with oversea remote teams preferred
- 3+ years of experience with gathering and documenting business requirement; creating technical design documents and working with developers on implementation the technical solutions
- Experience with Oracle Financials Release 12 and Accounting Practices are preferred
- Oracle workflow skills is preferred
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people’s opinions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate over the phone with a variety of individuals at all technical levels are required.
For immediate consideration, please send your most up to date resume to Charlie.Goodman@Matrixres.com and/or call 713-940-0675.