The Kansas City Plant is a U. S. Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers' expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. All positions at FM&T require U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Honeywell FM&T is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. This highly visible role will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical background and experience.
Summary of Duties:
- Perform Software validation/verification, documentation, code reviews, and quality audits
- Design, develop and support software for automated testers in a production environment
- Develop robust designs with hardware designers meeting cost and schedule objectives
- Interface with customers and suppliers to meet new design requirements and improve existing test capability
- Develop software which interfaces and/or controls commercial and custom hardware modules
- Prepare detailed technical reports and test data in support of on-going production and tester design reviews
- Must be able to work in cross functional team
- Document designs and interface specifications as required
- Advises and consults as technical expert to other technical and administrative personnel to drive and implement short and long-term projects
- Estimates manpower requirements and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical requirements
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment
- U.S. citizenship (to obtain and maintain security clearance)
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other equivalent discipline in an ABET accredited university
- 2 or more years experience in software development of automated test equipment (position will be consonant with experience)
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of SQA and Software Validation/Verification Processes
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.