SQL Server DBA (closed)
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and managing the integrity of all SQL server databases. This role requires a proven track record in successfully architecting and delivering robust SQL solutions to provide increasing reliability, scalability, and availability.
· Maintain multiple databases in development, UAT, QA, and production environments.
· Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies using both native SQL and third party technologies.
· Strong working experience with SQL log shipping, mirroring and/or replication.
· Proficient with Stored Procedures, T-SQL, and scripting. Must be able to write backup and restore scripts as well as other system management tasks.
· Strong production experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later.
· Conduct platform upgrades and migrations.
· Follow and recommend industry standard best practices for database design, disaster recovery, and performance optimizations.
· Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing database performance and trends.
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to identify SQL database performance bottlenecks and scalability constraints.
· Perform capacity planning and offer both long and short term solutions to controlling and managing database growth and space management.
· Strong experience with working with named instances on multiple clustered SQL servers.
· Working experience with SQL or database encryption. Adhere to company security policies and procedures.
· Administer security for users and applications.
· Perform administration and maintenance tasks such as SQL backups, maintenance plans, re-indexing, and scheduled jobs.
· Participate and contribute in design discussions with database developers.
· Participate in software release/deployment nights and weekends where database configuration and changes may be required.
· Over 6 years’ experience in working with Microsoft SQL in a high availability production environment.
· Working experience with Software Development Life Cycle, Change Management, and ITIL processes.
· Experience with SQL clustering, SQL replication and underlying storage requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in an environment with multiple projects, tight resources, and shifting priorities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work closely with other departments.
· Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively to support 24x7 requests.
· Sound understanding of SQL performance behavior of CPU, Memory, and Physical Disks in a named instance environment.