Embedded Linux Engineer (closed)
Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
In addition we require:
- A minimum of 1 year of proven experience developing and debugging applications and Board Support Packages for Windows CE, embedded Linux, or similar (including drivers, memory management, and efficient driver communication methods)
- Must have strong C and C++ programming skills, experience with C# is a plus
- Experience developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.)
- Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial.
- Experience with analyzing schematics, hardware board bring-up, and tuning timing on chipsets and devices will be a strong plus.
Crestron’s firmware team is looking for a talented and self-motivated engineer with strong embedded system knowledge and firmware development experience who can apply his/her expertise in embedded system's firmware design, development, and support for our next generation touch screen products. As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full lifecycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug, and support the new as well as the existing firmware for all our touch screen products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time software and algorithms for Windows CE based products
- Work closely with Hardware, and Software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
- Responsible for bringing up new hardware platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current firmware/software systems including enhancements on features and performance, troubleshooting, and bug fixing;
- Integrating software applications with new firmware platforms and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
Phone: 201.750.3400 x11100