VP Sales - Convenience Distribution (closed)
Lucas Group is North America's premier executive search firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and associates find professional success.
Combining local knowledge with national reach, Lucas Group has the geographic breadth and industry depth necessary to deliver results. We provide trusted, consultative service by truly listening and responding to the needs of our clients and candidates. We are professional, high-performance, and passionate industry veterans with both insight and integrity, making a very real difference in businesses and careers. We listen. We understand. We deliver.
Our client is a distributor to the convenience store channel and we are currently seeking a VP Sales. The VP Sales is responsible for revenues and the execution of our client's strategic sales plan. This is achieved through leading and directing the sales team to meet or exceed sales revenue, sales profitability and budgetary objectives. The role involves strategic planning, managing people, selling, leveraging technology and improving processes. This position will be a member of the Executive Team.
- develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving sales goals
- be fiscally responsible to the company
- manage the sales team to deliver profitable growth
- define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- hire, develop and coach sales staff through timely and appropriate communication
- provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to corporate leadership team and other company functions
- work closely with the marketing function to establish successful channel and partner programs
- manage customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
This is an outstanding opportunity with a very competitive salary and great corporate culture. If you meet the qualifications, send your resume to Steve Dawson email@example.com