VP - Sr. Financial Analyst (closed)
New York, NY
|Position Title||Sr. Financial Analyst and Vice President||Department||Finance|
|Salary Range:||Reports To:||Controller|
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Senior Financial Analyst's primary responsibilities include working directly with each business unit to prepare the Company's annual budget, five-year business plan and ongoing monthly and quarterly forecasting. This includes maintaining the Company's budgeting system, performing analytics to continuously monitor and understand actual results against budget and against peer institutions and communicating results to the business units. This position is also responsible for overseeing the preparation of other standard monthly/quarterly reports and to act as a resource to other departments in answering questions regarding performance metrics, coordinating forecasts and annual plans and providing special pro forma analysis as required by the Finance Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Oversee the preparation of the annual budget utilizing historical data, business plans and peer comparisons.
· Communicate actual results, variances and discuss variance causes and peer comparisons to help the Bank achieve its strategic plans.
· Oversee the preparation of monthly reports for senior and departmental managers; coordinate with other departments in researching inconsistencies in data prior to distribution.
· Serve as the resource person regarding questions on key performance indicators and possesses strong working knowledge of company operations.
· Oversee design and maintenance of corporate plan model and be instrumental in the preparation of the annual plan.
· Develop and maintain the quarterly forecast on a rolling 8 quarter basis.
· Assist others within the Accounting and Finance Department as well as other areas of the Bank in the design of new reports based on organizational needs.
· Prepare presentations and reports for the CEO, Board of Directors, and industry conferences.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES TO BE SUPERVISED: ONE
· Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting (if finance must have strong accounting skills)
· 5-7 years experience in financial analytics in the financial services industry
2. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT/SKILLS:
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong Microsoft Excel and database management skills
· Strong leadership and management skills to lead direct report
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle pressure
· Solid organizational skills
· Exposure to some Asset/Liability Management a plus