Tax & Treasury Manager (closed)
We are looking to appoint a Tax & Treasury Manager for our client a global defence business based on the outskirts of Bournemouth. You will manage all the Defence and security business for our client and Business VAT.The role is responsible for managing the Divisional treasury function providing day to day transactional services to the business.
Duties include :-
- VAT - Manage D&S VAT obligations and ensure accurate and timely VAT returns are produced
- Manage all day to day aspects of the HM Revenue and Customs
- CASH MANAGEMENT
- Manage key processes within the treasury team including electronic banking, corporate purchase cards, cheque payments, petty cash and expense advances
- Ensure all banking transactions are completed and updated on a daily basis
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly reconciliations for all D&S bank accounts are produced
- Manage day to day banking relationships with both Babcock Group Treasury dept. and local banking suppliers
This role would be suitable for a Financial Accountant who has good VAT experience. They are looked upon as the tax specialist for the business and so must have an excellent knowledge and Tax and VAT but do not have to have come from a purely tax background. As with the treasury part of this role, this is more a supervisory part of the job in charge of two people so again a candidate does not need to have come from a purely Treasury management role. You will hold a recognised professional qualification or ability to demonstrate a high level of QBE competency. Numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate and report on high volumes of transactional data.