VP of Craft & Imports
Do you love craft and import beer? Really love it? Do you know the difference between a Marzen and a Maibock? Have you dreamed of living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, the epicenter of the craft beer movement, home to the finest craft beers in the world? Do you stay awake at night thinking about the best beer to pair with a Monte Cristo sandwich? If you answered YES to the above and have a proven record developing, communicating and executing strategic plans in the beer business, we need to talk. Columbia Distributing, among the nation’s finest craft beer distributors, is seeking a leader to drive the continued success of our peerless craft and import beer portfolio. We are looking for leadership, focus, passion, experience, competiveness and a record of success driving retail execution. Columbia is searching for the right leader to fill the position of VP of Craft & Imports to maximize the performance of our Craft and Import portfolio for our customers.
**This position can be based in Portland, OR -or- Kent, WA**
- Develop and execute C&I strategic plan for portfolio management, brand building activities and metrics.
- Ensure maximum focus on C&I portfolio that leads to exceeding volume, profit, share and retail execution goals.
- Provide expertise, communication and leadership on C&I portfolio management strategies, brand priorities and promotions, pricing strategies, and selling and execution strategies.
- Monitor competitive pricing programs and recommend changes to ensure C&I portfolio effectiveness.
- Partner with Chain sales team to maximize distribution, space and planner opportunities.
- Manage reporting for all sales, revenue, distribution, and other key business metrics.
- Collaboratively develop and facilitate an annual C&I training calendar.
- Develop and maintain positive, constructive business relationships with internal team members, suppliers, and retailers.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing strongly preferred
Experience: Minimum of 8-10 years equivalent business experience; minimum 3-5 years management experience
Knowledge/Skill: Strong passion for beer required; Beer knowledge strongly preferred; Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation and develop a strategic plan; Strong execution skills; Entrepreneurial mindset preferred; Proven track record in developing and implementing marketing initiatives in order to drive sales and profitability; Demonstrated leadership, social, and team building skills; Self motivated and able to work independently on projects and function effectively in a team environment; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, and Power Point; Goal oriented and a demonstrated ability to continually prioritize tasks; Highest level of business and personal maturity, ethics
Essential / Physical Requirements:
- Lift/Carry/Push/Pull up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally sitting in a controlled temperature office environment
- Frequent standing and walking in accounts
- Ability to travel between accounts, and travel out of state and out of country
*Management reserves the right to revise this description at any time.
Nothing in this job description changes the employee’s at-will employment status.
To apply, please visit: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=607005