Senior Analyst (closed)
Senior Information Analyst - Coppell, TX (#1518)
- Proficient in the use of SQL, Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in reporting/analytics for mortgage loan servicing or related industry.
- Ability to effectively translate data into information and business challenges into technical solutions.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in the use of Microsoft Reporting Services or similar reporting tools.
- 3+ years of mortgage industry experience.
- Experience in business process analysis and improvement strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The essential responsibility of a Senior Information Analyst is to create reports and analyses.
These reports and analyses help management to understand the volume of work and performance of the loan servicing operations.
To accomplish this, the Information Analyst must:
Translate business requirements into analyses and reports.
Create new reports as required and automate the creation of regular reports.
Develop expertise in the business processes and data for assigned servicing units.
Provide ad-hoc analysis to facilitate management decision making.
Respond to the needs of management and external entities for data, analytical and quantitative support.
Mentor team members on business processes and technical concepts.
Work closely with the various business unit managers to understand their requirements and create reporting to meet those needs Participate in the business process and workflow, interacting with technical and non-technical staff to articulate technical concepts.
Responsible for leading tasks and small projects as assigned and ensuring the quality of the deliverables.
Maintain client relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
Translate business needs into technical requirements and ensure that requirements conform to overall objectives and specifications. Perform data mining, simple programming, and report generation functions.
Seek, obtain, monitor and analyze feedback from clients to improve systems, processes and reporting.
Analyze requests and provide appropriate feedback and to insure that the information being requested and provided make sense in the context of what is being asked.
Review data and reports generated by less senior team members and provide appropriate feedback.
Mentor less senior team members on technical skills and business concepts.
Provide support relevant to areas of expertise.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.