Business Analyst - Specifications (closed)
Specifications Analyst analyzes user needs, develops measurements to evaluate the adequacy of existing systems processes, researches statistical or case management data and observes and documents processes. Works with Line of Business to understand operational needs, creates, designs and modifies systems specifications to ensure Line of Business requirements are correctly set and defined in Core platform and ancillary modules. Designs user requirements; interfaces, data and file structure, outputs and program flow charts, and develops training requirements. Analyzes requests from users and identifies solutions. Specifications Analyst will schedule and facilitate meetings with all levels of staff for purposes of discovery discussions, presentations, review, approvals and problem resolution. The Sr. Business Analyst will understand and comply with requirements of all laws and regulations applicable to the position and adherence to all compliance programs. May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience Level - Skills: 4+ years in information management or related discipline. Knowledge of systems life cycles, including conversion planning and performance; the interdependence of software, hardware, operating systems and user requirements in a multi-vendor, multi-user environment; SQL, Windows and communications protocols; current systems analysis, development, testing and implementation tools and techniques; and project management tools and techniques. Experience with Fiserv Premier platform a major plus.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization in both oral and written form
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to work closely with subject matter experts (SME) and leadership across the organization as well as external vendors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - effectively communicating in individual and group settings; confidentiality critical
- Capable of working independently with little guidance; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively work within a team, including the ability to evaluate information from multiple sources and help distinguish user requests from user needs
- Minimum of 3 years of Retail or Commercial Banking or financial services business experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization and communication critical
Opus Bank reaffirms and assures each applicant, employee and party with whom we do business of our commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
As part of Opus Bank’s commitment to our Affirmative Action Plan, we will seek to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All personnel activities, such as the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based upon age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.