Mechanical Engineer (closed)
Job Category: Engineer Mechanical
Will performs standard engineering work requiring application of recognized techniques and procedures. Assignments may include higher-level engineering work that may not be typical of an Engineer II. Works under close supervision of supervisor or senior engineering staff member. Supervisor screens assignments for unusual complexities and selects non-routine techniques and procedures to be applied.
- Uses established procedures and works under immediate supervision to perform assigned tasks.
- Work will consist of both routine and somewhat more difficult assignments, which require independent evaluation, original thinking, or ingenuity.
- Work will also be varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility.
- Provides technical information to others and may have limited responsibility for direction of others.
Continuing developmental level engineer or entry level for MS Engineering.
Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer science, an Engineer in Training (EIT) or a professional license with 1-3 years engineering experience.
Must have the ability to plan, organize and carry out technical activities, as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Requires technical presentation skills. Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular discipline.
Needs to be able to cope with stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
Competent in applicable PC applications. Works effectively in groups.
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as developing technical presentation skills.
Typically works under normal office conditions where required to sit for extended periods of time. Regularly spend significant amounts of time working in front of computer terminal. 3D CAD design experience is required, ProE experience is preferred.